Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back Home Again

One last Portuguese coffee and Pasteis de Nata

Once again I am grateful for the man made marvel of the airplane.  I do not understand how it can fly so high and stay in the air across so many miles, BUT IT DOES!  I am grateful not for the nearly 15 hours of time in the air, but for the safe arrival back home again. 

It is hard to believe that we were gone for nearly 7 weeks, but the many pictures I took prove I was there.  My heart has been enriched because of those I was able to spend time with.  My life has been filled with experiences I am truly grateful for. 

When in Portugal, people ask me what I miss most from home.  I miss my children.  I miss our silly old cat BT.  I miss so many conveniences I have at home.  And in all honesty, I miss American bathrooms.  That seems rather silly, but one really does become accustomed to simple conveniences and familiarities that make life so easy. 

When I return home, I think about what I will miss in Portugal and France.  I will miss our dear friends, old and new.  I will miss the rich worship experienced in the two churches we attend there.  I will miss working side by side with M in her kitchen and always learning new things.  I will miss the round-abouts that make driving to places so much easier without all the stops and stop lights. 

I have realized that by being away and “missing” what is behind you, is what you look forward to when you return.  I am grateful to be home again, but I look forward to the next time we travel to Portugal and France.  

Our journey....


Leaving SD July 8

Our Anniversary July 19










Leaving Lisbon August 27
And what a good journey it has been!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment